Monday, July 26, 2010

Depaved Holy Redeemer School

On June 26, 2010 I helped depave Holy Redeemer Catholic School & Church at 127 N. Rosa Parks Way

Depave - '10HolyRedeemerGroup2
That's me on the far right!

This is phase two of a three phase depaving project at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church & School (started in 2009). Depave will return to this site to complete additional depaving of approx. 4,250 sq ft in 12 separate pockets, where soil amendments and native plantings will occur. This project is funded by East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District (EMSWCD).

I'm honored to have participated along side the Depave people and other volunteers like myself.

I look forward to ripping up more concrete at the next Depave event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Hi! My name is Andrew, and I live in Portland, Oregon. I make rain barrels. I do a ton of donation to non-profits and community gardens. I like getting involved in all sorts of community events related to fostering neighborliness and sustainability.