Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rain Barrel Workshop at SE Portland Tool Library

On August 7 I attended an edifying rain barrel workshop at the SE Tool Library.

These were my barrels that I donated, and it was a pleasure to see that the instructor's method of making rain barrels was more advanced than mine.

I learned how to set up more complicated assemblies: In this case, 4 rain barrel on a raised platform, all daisy-chained together, including a "first flush" valve.

I'd like to make one at my house! But sadly, I rent.
I would love for someone to pay me to install one of these beauties for them. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Hi! My name is Andrew, and I live in Portland, Oregon. I make rain barrels. I do a ton of donation to non-profits and community gardens. I like getting involved in all sorts of community events related to fostering neighborliness and sustainability.