Sunday, July 18, 2010

Barrel Donation to Baker Prairie Middle School

Dear Andrew,
Thank you for the donation of three barrels for the Baker Prairie Middle School Community Garden in Canby. On July 9th we had a work day in the garden to allow Canby high school students to earn Community Service hours. In addition to weeding plots and doing trail maintenance, students also installed the three barrels in our new green house for use as passive solar heating. Without out your donation and donations by other like-minded folks, our garden would not be possible. If you wish to donate more barrels in the future just let me know. We could use them.

My best,
John Colvett
Teacher and Garden Manager
Baker Prairie Middle School

Baker Prarie4
Baker Prarie3
Baker Prarie2

Baker Prarie1


(Baker Prairie Middle School Community Garden in Canby, OR. used some barrels to go in a greenhouse. The barrels were filled with water for passive solar storage in the greenhouse.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Hi! My name is Andrew, and I live in Portland, Oregon. I make rain barrels. I do a ton of donation to non-profits and community gardens. I like getting involved in all sorts of community events related to fostering neighborliness and sustainability.